Every day, thousands of tickets are issued to New Jersey’s citizens. When you are faced with charges in one of New Jersey’s municipal courts, it is vital to take the time to discuss your case with a local attorney who is well-versed in the relevant law.
Convictions in municipal court can have significant ramifications, such as hefty fines and surcharges, Motor Vehicle and/or Insurance points, loss of driving privileges, increased insurance premiums and even jail time, among other things. At the Law Office of Dana R. Bowling, LLC, we recognize that the consequences of facing charges in municipal court can seriously affect your life and we make every effort to minimize that impact and achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
We will take the time to completely explain the offense with which you have been charged, as well as the possible consequences you might face. We will make sure that you understand all of your options for addressing your charges, such as entering a guilty plea or going to trial, so that you can make well-informed decisions about your case.
The firm regularly handles routine matters in the municipal courts of New Jersey, such as:
- Traffic violations (including, but not limited to: speeding tickets,various moving violations, careless/reckless driving, driving while suspended, driving without a license or registration, etc.);
- Disorderly person’s offenses;
- Petty disorderly person’s offenses;
- Minor criminal offenses (such as simple assault/battery, shoplifting, minor drug possession, etc.);
- Municipal ordinance violations (such as dog barking or other nuisance complaints);
- Expungements; and
- Many other matters.
For more information, please review our answers to some of the most FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS about municipal court cases.
To obtain legal advice regarding your matter, please contact the firm.